Current Processing Timeframes
The Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) receives a significant number of telephone calls per day. Your assistance is needed to help us provide the best service possible.
- Please limit calls to Licensing and Examinations and wait until the recommended time has passed before contacting us. The same staff that answers telephone calls processes applications. Staff cannot stop and look for a pending application.
- We are currently experiencing delays in the mailing of license pocket cards. While we understand this may be an inconvenience, we appreciate your patience and cooperation during this period. Additionally, license certificates can be printed online using eLicensing.
|Type of Application:||As of August 18,2014, CalBRE is Currently Processing Applications:||Processing Impacts - What You Should Know:|
|Examination||Received July 25, 2014||Submitting your application more than once (by mail or fax) extends processing time and delays exam scheduling.|
|Combination Exam/License applications||Received July 22, 2014||Submitting your application more than once (by mail or fax) extends processing time and delays exam scheduling.|
|Original Broker/Salesperson License||Received July 29, 2014||Fingerprint information must be received and reviewed before a license can be issued.|
|Conditional Salesperson License Course Review||Received August 15, 2014||Early submittal of courses is highly recommended.|
|Original Corporation/Designated Officer License||Received August 5, 2014|
|Broker/Corporation License Changes (not including DBA addition/deletion requests)||Received August 5, 2014|
|Broker/Corporation Fictitious Business Name (DBA) Requests||Received August 5, 2014|
|Salesperson License Changes||Received August 12, 2014||Use eLicensing for faster processing.|
|Salesperson Renewals Filed On Time*||Received July 31, 2014||Use eLicensing for faster processing.|
|Salesperson Renewals Filed Late||Received August 1, 2014||Use eLicensing for faster processing.|
|Broker and Officer Renewals Filed On Time*||Received August 8, 2014||Use eLicensing for faster processing.|
|Broker and Officer Renewals Filed Late||Received July 31, 2014||Use eLicensing for faster processing.|
|Certified Histories for Out-of-State Licensure||Received August 11, 2014|
* Licensees can submit renewal applications up to 90 days before the license expiration date, but renewals are processed in date received order. Renewal documents and fees must be postmarked no later than midnight of the four-year license expiration date to be considered on-time. If all renewal requirements are properly submitted, Section 10156.2 of the Business and Professions Code allows for continued operations under the existing license after its expiration date unless notified otherwise by CalBRE.
- Use eLicensing to expedite the processing of your application.
- Submit your application and fee ONCE ONLY via mail or fax, not both. Submitting multiple applications will delay processing of your application and exam scheduling. NOTE: Only examination applications are accepted via fax.
- Faxing an application only saves mail delivery time. The processing of all applications is based upon received date order. We cannot acknowledge receipt of a faxed application. If possible, adjust the settings on your fax machine to assure complete delivery.
- Provide complete, accurate and detailed information regarding past and present disciplinary actions, criminal charges and convictions in your application. Fingerprint reports from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation must be received and reviewed by the CalBRE with respect to each original license application. Please note, the fingerprint process is not within the CalBRE's control. In some cases, applications may be delayed due to the fingerprint process and/or the fingerprint results. See Avoid Potential Denial of Your License Application (RE 229) for further information.
- To find out if your application has been received by CalBRE, check your bank statement or credit card statement to see if your fee has been cashed. It will be helpful to know this information should you need to contact us.
- Additional suggestions are provided in Do's and Don'ts for Exam Applicants.