Once You Pass the Examination
After you pass the examination, and if you have not filed a License Combo Application:
- You will be sent a Salesperson License Application (RE 202) or Broker License Application (RE 200). This form must be completed and returned along with the appropriate fee within one year after passing the examination.
- A completed Live Scan Service Request (RE 237) must be submitted with the application. A license cannot be issued until CalBRE receives fingerprint response information. See Fingerprint Requirements for further information.
- You will also need to provide evidence of legal presence in the United States. See
Proof of Legal Presence for further information.
- (SALESPERSONS ONLY) Evidence of completion of Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and one additional course from the course requirements list must be on file before your license is issued.
- Out-of-state applicants must also submit a completed and notarized irrevocable Consent to Service of Process (RE 234) . See Out-of-State Applicants for further information.