CalBRE Mission Statement
To safeguard and promote the public interests in REAL ESTATE MATTERS through licensure, regulation, education and enforcement.
- To be an effective consumer advocate by monitoring and regulating industry practices while promoting public awareness.
- To be an effective customer-focused bureau providing timely and efficient services to licensees, subdividers and consumers.
The governance of the Bureau of Real Estate is structured with core values that promote independence and balance between its two distinct mission responsibilities. These values preserve the integrity of operational obligations, ensure coordination and cooperation between the operating programs, engage Bureau stakeholders, and foster an environment that supports the professional development of its staff.
To be the Champion for Public Protection in Real Estate.
The vision of the future for the Bureau is focused upon adopting innovations that will create new standards of excellence in service offerings and enhance consumer protection by:
- Incorporating advanced technology in its processes to better serve the industry and the public.
- Improving the accessibility to information that is progressive and secure.
- Expanding the knowledge base of staff.
- Maximizing enforcement efforts to address violations of the Real Estate and Subdivided Lands Laws.
- Providing licensing, subdivision qualification and consumer-related services conveniently and timely.
- Promoting consumer outreach to facilitate the making of informed decisions in real estate transactions.
- Adapting to the changing business environments of the real estate industry.
- Providing leadership in housing issues in California.
- Enhance enforcement and outreach efforts to address mortgage-related consumer issues and focus on mortgage fraud enforcement efforts.
- Adopt legislative changes that will support consumer protection and expand assistance.
- Improve services to the real estate industry.