Do's and Don'ts for Exam Applicants
- Do complete the application form correctly and fully. Any misrepresentations or missing items may result in delays in
obtaining an examination date or disqualification from the examination. Copies of official transcripts are
generally acceptable evidence of completed courses, and should accompany the initial application.
- Do use the eLicensing online system or Examination Change Application
or RE 415B ), to
inform the Department of any change in your exam mailing address.
- Do check available exam dates to find out when and
where the CalBRE is scheduling examinations; however, keep in mind that a particular exam may be filled by the time your
exam application is submitted and processed.
- Do wait until the posted current processing timeframe for notification of
your examination date, time, and location. If you have not received your notice, please
check your exam date on the CalBRE Web site, or through the Interactive
Voice Response System by calling the CalBRE Examination Section at (916) 227-0900. If you have been scheduled, you can request
a duplicate Examination Schedule Notice using the eLicensing online system.
If you have not been scheduled, call the CalBRE at 1-877-373-4542.
- Do configure your fax transmission to produce a receipt.
- Don't send cash
- Don't mail or send duplicate faxes for the same transaction. This may result in your account inadvertently being charged
twice and an unintentional rescheduling of your examination date. Fees remitted will not be refunded per section
10207 of the Business and Professions Code.
Back to Top